The right words can engage the brain and bring an idea to life. History’s best leaders understood the importance of providing motivation and direction to achieve larger goals. The character, actions and thoughts of a leader, good or bad, permeate an organisation or country. Your goal should be to demonstrate the best qualities of a leader. These 20 quotes about leadership will help you think about and guide your actions.
- It is impossible to imagine anything which better becomes a ruler than mercy – Seneca
- Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves – Philippians 2:3
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again more intelligently – Henry Ford
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless – Mother Teresa
- Treat others the same way you want them to treat you – Luke 6:31
- Give me 6 hours to chop down a tree and I’ll spend the first 4 sharpening the axe – Abraham Lincoln
- While a good leader sustains momentum, a great leader increases it – John C. Maxwell
- The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires – William Arthur Ward
- The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things – President Ronald Reagan
- Always do what’s right. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest – Mark Twain
- A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit – Arnold Glasow
- Be willing to make decisions. That’s the most important quality in a good leader – George S. Patton
- Earn your leadership every day – Michael Jordan
- Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do, and they will surprise you with their ingenuity – George S. Patton
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower – Steve Job
- Where there is no vision, the people perish – Proverbs 29:18
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power – President Abraham Lincoln
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way – John C. Maxwell
- Don’t just delegate tasks to the next generation. If you delegate tasks, you create followers. Instead, delegate authority to create leaders – Craig Groeschel
- You don’t have to hold a position in order to be a leader – Henry Ford
Godinterest designs are edgy, contemporary, and made of high-quality soft fabrics. Consider it to be evangelism on the move with each piece boldly proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. We are confident that you will experience a comfortable fit and that the designs we create are on trend. Enjoy Godinterest clothing and accessories that are very affordable as well as being a HostRooster exclusive brand!
… we have a small favour to ask. It is our mission to resource the world with relevant, practical, timely, and helpful content focused on fashion, technology, creativity, and faith. With a small blog that started in September of 2008, we’ve grown, changed, evolved, and become the community that we are today. Support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
4 replies on “20 Inspiring Leadership Quotes”
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Thanks for positive comment. Much appreciated.
This is wonderful! Thank you.
These are great! Thanks for sharing. :)