London, UK – The Web as a medium is so broad that for any person it can be ‘what you want it to be’. For some, it is merely best way of keeping in touch with friends and family by email. For others, it can be any or all of: finding new friends, seeking information and doing research, hearing news, playing online games, networking with others about a hobby or interest, sharing opinions, asking questions, making choices about purchasing, publishing their writing, photographs or videos, and much more. And so the opportunities for online evangelism are equally wide. And it is, in many ways, an ideal mission field.
Godinterest Christian Social Network allows members to upload and share photos from across the web with other users and create boards.
For those who love the social media site Pinterest but want to share within a Christian environment Godinterest could be a safe family friendly Christian alternative. A new online photo-sharing platform which strives to have Christian content, the site has been developed by Dean Jones a devoted Christian.
Jones, a 35-year-old Project Manager from London said, ” The popular photo-sharing Web site Pinterest.com is known for allowing its users to post a wide range of content. However, we are mindful of the values that we as Christian’s are bound by. Godinterest will enable our users to share within an Christian Social Network.“
“On Facebook you see a lot of violence and pornography,” explained Dean Jones. “That’s why we thought of creating a network where we could talk about God, love and spread His word.”
However, should Christians use social media?
Jones said, “In today’s busy world, I believe that Christian ministries need to engage the public with social media and that there is added value in doing so. However, learning even the basics of social media can be a daunting task that’s why like Pinterest and Twitter, Godinterest was designed with the beginner in mind, this means that people can easily create an account that they can use to market and brand their business.”
Godinterest Christian Social Network is presently being used for organising ideas including Church events, travel planning, inspirational quotes, home decorating ideas, meal planning and advice, wedding or event planning, activities for children, or any combination of ideas one’s heart desires.
Godinterest virtual meeting place at a whole range of levels. Users can contact other people, post blogs, videos, and pictures, or discuss issues and interact in many other ways. Of course, it has long been possible to do these things online – but the Godinterest Christian Social Network combines them together in an easy coherent whole.
When asked what’s special and about Godinterest Christian Social Network? Jones stated the following points: ”
- Visual Imagery – “Imagine getting to do window-shopping of all the best and most creative things in the Christian world without having to go to the mall. Would you rather browse a beautiful shop or a list of items in a catalog? It is the use of visual imagery that sets Godinterest apart (in an important way) from traditional (text based) bookmarking sites.”
- Organised Sets – “Godinterest has a way to organise these single images into sets. This adds a layer of value (Christian quotes, books, music and so on) to an otherwise Godinteresting photo.”
- Self Expression – “Another innate human trait, there is a need to leave our mark on the world, to show how we see and experience God worlds. This shows up in how we decorate homes and trips we’ve been on, restaurants we have enjoyed, putting our spin on another person’s picture.Godinterest boards are a form of this self-expression, whether in the topics that interest users, or how they choose to fill a godinterest board to make it inspirational!”
- Social Sharing – “Once we create something, we naturally want to share it with others. In this respect, I think Godinterest (just like Pinterest) lends itself better to social sharing far more than other services do. Think about how all the distasteful stuff that ends up in the news feed in other sites. But, contrast that with something created by someone else that you might find personally relevant, or at the very least simply amazing.”
- Simple User Interface – “Want to increase participation in something? Lower the bar on what’s required.”
– Discovering New Sites – “Use Godinterest to discover more Christian sites and products.”
- Posts – “Unlike the posts on other sites, the posts on Godinterest have no expiry date.”
Godinterest could also offer both parents and teachers an easy, engaging way to share resources with other parents.
Jones said, “Did you ever notice all of the bulletin boards and posters covering the walls of most classrooms? Teachers have been part of the bulletin board culture for ages. Godinterest gives teachers the ability to do the same thing in a virtual environment. Boards provide a virtual space for teachers to share activities, lesson plans, and ideas.”
“Savvy Christian business owners could use this social media site to market their business.”
Jones said, “Godinterest Christian Social Network is a fun way to put all of your favorite Godinteresting in one spot, but be aware, it is very addictive! If you serve a congregation, educators or families, you could have a great friend and outreach tool in Godinterest. ”
Free registration includes access to all of the website’s features, including sharing images with friends, following friends’ updates and creating boards.
Godinterest designs are edgy, contemporary, and made of high-quality soft fabrics. Consider it to be evangelism on the move with each piece boldly proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. We are confident that you will experience a comfortable fit and that the designs we create are on trend. Enjoy Godinterest clothing and accessories that are very affordable as well as being a HostRooster exclusive brand!
… we have a small favour to ask. It is our mission to resource the world with relevant, practical, timely, and helpful content focused on fashion, technology, creativity, and faith. With a small blog that started in September of 2008, we’ve grown, changed, evolved, and become the community that we are today. Support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
3 replies on “Christian Social Network”
I should say also believe that mesothelioma cancer is a exceptional form of many forms of cancer that is normally found in those previously exposed to asbestos. Cancerous tissues form inside the mesothelium, which is a shielding lining that covers many of the body’s internal organs. These cells typically form within the lining of the lungs, mid-section, or the sac that encircles the heart. Thanks for discussing your ideas.
Christians who choose to participate in social networking should be aware of the negative aspects of social networking. It should be remembered that not everyone on the Internet has pure motives, and we should use safety precautions, utilize the privacy settings, and be selective as to who is accepted as a â€œfriend” or â€œfan.” Parents should regularly interact with their children and be active participants in their child’s use of social networking sites. In addition, Christians should be aware of the danger of the narcissism (excessive self-love and preoccupation with self) inherent in self-oriented sites. Studies have shown that overuse or wrong motives in social media participation can breed narcissism. When we rely on social media sites primarily to promote ourselves or draw attention to ourselves, it is time to take a step back. Itâ€™s wise to utilize accountability, encouraging spouse, family members, and Christian brothers and sisters to view our social networking activity and hold us accountable. Proverbs 27:17 says, “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens his friend’s countenance.”
Itâ€™s also important to understand the impact our status, photo, comments, or blog posts may have in the future. It should be remembered that social networking sites involve publishing to the entire Internet, including family members, current and future employers, college admissions personnel, etc. The ramifications of any statements, both now and in the future, should be considered. It should be assumed that everything written is permanent and viewable by everyone. Furthermore, while maintaining relationships is important and healthy, addiction is not. Limiting the amount of time we devote to these social networking sites is both healthy and wise.