As I come to the end of a 2 week revival at Reading Central, preaching each night and then driving an hour and a half home, I’m shattered and in need of rest. Then I read today’s verse and shoutedhallelujah! In principle it says, God wants to give you rest. He wants to refresh and restore your soul–your mind, your will and your emotions. It’s so easy to get caught up in the “busyness” of life, and before long, your mind, will and emotions are so “tiredand weary” that you can barely think straight! But even in the hustle of life, you can find rest, ease and relaxation.
Friend, God wants you to enjoy your life. That’s why He tells us to come to Him. God wants to take care of everything that concerns you, so that you can find rest in your innermost being. Imaginehow you would feel if someone came up to you today and said, “give me all of your monthly bills; I’m going to pay them.” You’d get pretty excited, wouldn’t you? But it wouldn’t happen until you did your part to actually hand that person your bills. They can’tpay them for you if you never release them. In the same way, when we release our cares and concerns to God, He promises to take care of them.
Today, stop holding on to things you need to release. Things that are zapping you of your spiritual energy. Things that are making you weary and heavy, and choose to release your cares to the Lord.Let Him fill you with His peace and joy. Receive the rest that He promises, and enjoy the fulfillment and blessings He has for you!
“Then Jesus said, ‘come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.’” (Matthew 11:28, NLT)
Pray With Me
Yahweh, today I humbly come to You. Father, I cast my cares on You so that I can live in Your rest. Thank You for caring and loving me. I am in awe of Your goodness to me. God, help me find waysto rest in You and release my burdens into your hands, so that I can share Your goodness with those around me in a powerful and effective way, in Jesus’ Name! Amen.
Life is tough, and the burdens it hands you can be so hard to bear. But you don’t need to carry them alone. Read the promises of God ”¦
1. “Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22). God is glad to carry your burdens and give you the daily strength you need.
2. “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?” (Isaiah 58:6). It’s not God’s will that you should be crushed down with excessive burdens; let Him free you today.
3. “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28—30). Jesus will remove your heavy burden of guilt and hopelessness and give you true rest in Him.
4. “For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you’” (Isaiah 41:13). God promises to support and help you through every trial.
5. “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you” (1 Peter 5:6, 7). Just knowing your heavenly Father cares about you personally can make any load seem lighter.
6. “Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you” (Isaiah 46:4). The Lord desires to constantly support you throughout your life, with the intention of saving you eternally.
7. “He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom” (Isaiah 40:11). The Good Shepherd will gladly bear you in His gentle arms right now.
8. “The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles” (Psalm 34:17). If you belong to Him, God will always listen when you call to Him for help.
9. “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10). Through faith His strength becomes yours, and He reaches out to keep you from falling.
10. “Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2). When God has lightened your burdens, He asks you to do the same for others.
Why not come to Jesus today and allow Him to relieve you of your heavy load?
… we have a small favour to ask. Hundreds of people are turning to Godinterest for open, independent, quality devotionals every day, and readers in over 50 countries around the world have subscribed to us. In these perilous times, a truth-seeking ministry like Godinterest is essential. We have no shareholders or billionaire owners, meaning our writing is free from commercial and political influence – this makes us different. When it’s never been more important, support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.