He performs to packed venues all around the world, he has sold millions of albums and he has countless fans that hang on his every song. Most people reading this could tell their own stories. He has that effect on people.
Lecrae Devaughn Moore (born October 9, 1979), might be best described as a poet. Someone with a rare gift to channel his mighty intellect and generous spirit through an artful, unparalleled mix of wit, and spectacular clarity using rap music.
Born and raised by his single mother in Southern Houston, Texas. As an American Christian hip hop recording artist, songwriter, record producer, and actor Lecrae is the president, co-owner, and co-founder of the independent record label Reach Records.
Reach’s mission is “changing the way people see the world.”
Experiencing abuse and neglect during his childhood, Moore used his ability to rap as a source of significance. Lecrae eventually turned from drugs to alcohol consumption and a party lifestyle and became a “misfit of a person.” Moore currently resides in Atlanta since relocating there from Memphis in 2009 and is married to Darragh Moore, who also handles the business portion of his career. The couple has three children together.
Lecrae is one of very few artists operating in the Christian genre to hit No. 1 on the Billboard. To date, he has released seven bestselling albums, two mixtapes and won two Grammy awards and a Billboard Music Award in the process and landed a global distribution deal with Red Distribution/Sony Music for the record label he co-owns, Reach Records.
Critics are uncomfortable with Lecrae’s recent music because it is no longer a monologue preaching an agenda.
“Lecrae engages with culture and dialogues with the modern secular world and is looking to break mold of a Christian rapper.”
Lecrae isn’t alone. Artists like Propaganda, Andy Mineo, John Givez, JGivens, Beautiful Eulogy, Trip Lee, KB, Jackie Hill Perry, Social Club, and Tedashii are engaging culture and bringing restoration to hip-hop and the world through great music.
Here are some of Lecrae’s most powerful quotes that can help re-inspire the way you live your faith.
- “Why live for the approval of men when you can have the approval of their Creator? What can they give you that God can’t?” – Lecrae
- “Suppressing your hurts is like not tending to a bullet wound. Eventually, you will bleed out. Don’t numb pain, express it.” – Lecrae
- “Live like someone died for you.” – Lecrae
- “If people throw stones at you, pick ’em up and build something.“ – Lecrae
- “The less time you spend with Truth, the easier it is to believe lies.“ – Lecrae
- “Life is like a dice, so watch the ones you’re rolling with.“ – Lecrae
- “We fear circumstances so much because we fear God so little.” – Lecrae
- “If I’m wrong about God then I wasted my life. If you’re wrong about God then you wasted your eternity.“ – Lecrae
- “People will hurt you. But don’t use that as an excuse for your poor choices, use it as motivation to make the right ones.“ – Lecrae
- “Prayer doesn’t bend God’s arm but it’s guaranteed to bend our hearts toward His will. Worry less. Pray more.” – Lecrae.“ – Lecrae
- “Christians aren’t people who never sin or always do the right thing. We’re people who live in continual repentance.” – Lecrae
- “Don’t follow your feeling. Just follow the word.” – Lecrae
- “I’m not a Christian because I’m strong and have it all together. I’m a Christian because I’m weak and admit I need a Savior.“ – Lecrae
- “Better to have a small role in God’s story than to cast yourself as the lead in your own fiction.“ – Lecrae
- “God gave you your own race to run, stop comparing yourself to other people. They have their race and you have yours. Run hard and don’t quit.“ – Lecrae
- “Some work hard to acquire money only to find in the end that money acquired them.” – Lecrae
- “When you’re worrying you’re not praying. Stop worrying start praying.” – Lecrae
- “Believe the best about people. Pray for their shortcomings. You are not the standard. We all need grace.“ – Lecrae
- “Character isn’t who you are when life goes your way. Character is who you really are when the bottom falls out.“ – Lecrae
- “God is never late, we’re just impatient.“ – Lecrae
- “Don’t waste your time explaining who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.” – Lecrae.“ – Lecrae
- “A man who is too afraid to admit his fears is a man who won’t overcome them.” – Lecrae
- “God is not bothered by your persistence. Keep asking.“ – Lecrae
- A controversy has been brewing in Christian hip-hop and at the center of this controversy is rapper Lecrae and the record label he co-founded, Reach Records.
"I'll Find You" is a song by American Christian hip hop recording artist Lecrae, featuring American singer and songwriter Tori Kelly. It was written by Lecrae, Kelly, Natalie Sims, Sasha Sloan, John Mitchell, DJ Frank E and Danny Majic, with production handled by the latter two.