Everything I needed to know about life, I learned from Noah’s Ark (Author Unknown)
- Don’t miss the boat.
- Remember that we are all in the same boat.
- Plan ahead, it wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
- Stay fit. When you’re 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
- Don’t listen to critics, just get on with the job that needs to be done.
- Build your future on high ground.
- For safety’s sake, travel in pairs.
- Speed isn’t always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
- When you’re stressed, float a while.
- Remember, the ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic, by professionals.
- No matter the storm, when you are with God, there’s always a rainbow waiting.
Now wasn’t that nice? Pass it along and make someone else smile too.
Noah’s Ark (Hebrew: Ã—ªÃ—â„¢Ã—‘Ã—ª Ã— Ã—–’Å½’Å½; Biblical Hebrew: Tevat NoaÃ¡¸¥) is the vessel in the Genesis flood narrative (Genesis chapters 6–9) by which God spares Noah, his family, and a remnant of all the world’s animals from a world-engulfing flood. In Genesis the first book of the bible, God gave Noah instructions for building the ark. Seven days before the flood, God told Noah to enter the ark with his household and the animals. The story goes on to describe the ark being afloat for 150 days and then coming to rest on the Mountains of Ararat and the subsequent receding of the waters. The story is repeated, with variations, in the Quran, where the ark appears as Safina NÃ…«Ã¡¸¥ (Arabic: Ã˜³Ã™Ã™Å Ã™” Ã˜© Ã™” Ã™Ë†Ã˜’Å½’Å½ “Noah’s boat”). The Genesis flood narrative is similar to numerous other flood myths from a variety of cultures.
… we have a small favour to ask. Hundreds of people are turning to Godinterest for open, independent, quality devotionals every day, and readers in over 50 countries around the world have subscribed to us. In these perilous times, a truth-seeking ministry like Godinterest is essential. We have no shareholders or billionaire owners, meaning our writing is free from commercial and political influence – this makes us different. When it’s never been more important, support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.