Godinterest operates within a Christian environment where a separate platform is dedicated to Christian entrepreneurs and ministries who can use it to collect and share photos of miscellaneous events, interests and hobbies.
According to Quantcast, Godinterest received more than seven thousands visits in its first month of activity and reached more than six thousands users monthly. Furthermore, its users tend to be young adults from the middle class with females outnumbering males (55% against 45%).
Awards and reception
In its first week on the Web, Godinterest was recognised by global news outlets.
- Yasmine Hafiz (May 21, 2014). Godinterest Is Christian Pinterest. The Huffington Post. Retrieved on June 4, 2014.
- Billy Hallowell (May 22, 2014). Pinterest Just Got a ‘Religious Makeover’. The Blaze. Retrieved on June 4, 2014.
- Rosamund Urwin (May 22, 2014). Sin can make God go viral. London Evening Standard. Retrieved on June 4, 2014.
- Hillary Crosley (May 19, 2014). Not Enough Jesus on Pinterest? Try Godinterest.. Jezebel. Retrieved on June 4, 2014.
- Crafts and Christ. The Washington Times (May 22, 2014). Retrieved on June 4, 2014.