Here are some pointers on how to write a successful post for Godinterest
- Columns usually run about 500 â€” 1000 words.
- Make a strong, clear argument. Come down on one side of an issue, or advance a theory â€” we want to stir discussion.
- Provide specific examples and true anecdotes to illustrate the points youâ€™re making â€” the more the better.
- Be sure to disclose conflicts of interest, such as partnerships with, or investments in, any companies covered in the story.
- Screenshots or infographics help. Make them simple and clear. Include links to the images.
- Keep your writing informal, like youâ€™re chatting with a friend, and make sure you keep to the first person.
- People are intimidated by big blocks of text, so keep your sentences and paragraphs short.
- Plan out your story. If youâ€™re describing a personal event, limit your blog to one time period rather than covering your whole life.
- Photographs â€” images and video are great for bringing your story to life.
- Author information â€” let the audience know whoâ€™s writing the piece, as it lets our audience empathize more.
- All submitted posts should be original pieces of work.
- Once submitted and published posts will not be removed.Â
If you have any questions, email Â editor [at] godinterest.com Â