Most of us have grown up with many popular fairy tales told to us as children. The legendary story “Little Red Riding Hood” In most versions (although definitely not all of them) there is one common theme: a wolf attacks a young woman through deception. Like parables, such stories are never intended to convey meaning in every detail. Yet, much of it may draw, even in unsuspecting ways, the reader to precepts or principles pertinent to circumstances behind the story. Such is the following on Little Red Riding Hood.
There is actually a lesson in that theme for God’s people today.
1. The Church. Satan’s wolves do more than disguise themselves as Granny. As Paul warned, they often present themselves as “ministers of righteousness” (2 Corinthians 11:15). Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheeps clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
“That’s a lie!” said the wolf. “You won’t die!”
2. The Law. One of the most common deceptions by these types of wolves is the claim that the law was done away with. Using selective sections of the apostle Paul’s writings, these wolves deceive people into crying, “Oh, what freedom you have!”
This was the very same tactic that Satan employed in the Garden of Eden.
3. False prophets. While these people appear to be godly—they come in sheep’s clothing—Christ said that inwardly they were “ravenous wolves” (Matthew 7:15). These are people who claim to be children of God—but who don’t teach and live the word.
Another Fake Jesus Christ was recently arrested and remanded in Uganda on Thursday, November 9th, for belonging and managing an unlawful society by the Magistrate’s court. According to a report by Uganda’s Newspaper, Daily Monitor, the accused claimed not to be under any authority including the police, local council administration or the president of Uganda. The man purporting to be Jesus was arraigned in court alongside his three followers who preferred to be identified with their alias names.
“Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?”
4. The world. Wake up from your Slumber. Frequently in Scripture believers are exhorted to wake up, to be revived, and they are warned of the dangers of spiritual sleep. Christ warned us “Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves” (Luke 10:3). The world is under the sway of Satan.
As a believer in Jesus, we are promised a new life covered under the protection of God in which NOTHING can separate us from His love. Rest knowing that no matter what hardship you face, God is your provider and protector! Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of the wolf, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
5. Wealth. These wolves say, “all this I will give you if you will bow down and worship me.” Christ warned of the “deceitfulness of riches” (Matthew 13:22; Mark 4:19). Your response should be “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
“There was something wolfish about them?”
6. Marriage How many times have we heard the story of the little red riding hood (aka Christian Sister or Brother) who fell in love with a big bad Wolf? ‘It wasn’t beauty, it was the beast, she or he says in regret. Being equally yoked is not meant to inhibit our dating lives. Rather, it is a command designed for protection and honor. Being unequally yoked is more dangerous than you think – and waiting for someone with whom you share the same spiritual heritage is far more rewarding than many believe.
Hey, Little Red Riding Hood, where are you going, so alone, so”¦ alone?
7. Relationship. Without Jesus, you can do nothing. An intimate relationship with God is required. That means fellowship with God daily. The big bad wolf was disguised to trick little red riding hood, but the wolf could not mislead her because Little red riding hood knew her grandmother intimately. “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. — John 10:27”
“You can huff and puff but I will not worship you!”
8. Worship. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered King Nebuchadnezzar, “We don’t need to answer your last question. If our God, whom we honor, can save us from a blazing furnace and from your power, he will, Your Majesty. Nebuchadnezzar was so filled with anger toward Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego that his face turned red and he ordered that the furnace should be heated seven times hotter than normal. However, God commissions His angels to save His chosen ones from calamity, to guard them against “the pestilence that walketh in darkness” and “the destruction that wasteth at noonday.”
These eight types (or packs, if you will) of “wolves” have plagued Christ’s followers throughout history.
These are just a few of the tricks and deceptions that are used by Satan and his wolves. Some wolves are masters of deception and disguise. They talk like Christians. They use the Bible. They seem like nice people. They are so loving! But they will draw you in to eat you for dinner!
God’s people must learn the lesson of Little Red Riding Hood. Let’s never allow ourselves to fall prey to the Satan’s deceptions.
As you can see, there are many prospective of this classic Fairy Tale. It is not a story intended just for children. The important thing is how do you view this story and how can it help you out of your chaos and onto your true path.
A wolf is just a lesson and lessons repeat. Situations and similarities show up in our lives over and over again. If you are asking yourself why? That part is easy. It is because you have not learned the lesson.
When are you going to get off that hamster wheel and break the cycle? When are you going to learn the lesson so that you can move forward on your path through the woods, to Grandmother’s house?
Godinterest designs are edgy, contemporary, and made of high-quality soft fabrics. Consider it to be evangelism on the move with each piece boldly proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. We are confident that you will experience a comfortable fit and that the designs we create are on trend. Enjoy Godinterest clothing and accessories that are very affordable as well as being a HostRooster exclusive brand!
… we have a small favour to ask. It is our mission to resource the world with relevant, practical, timely, and helpful content focused on fashion, technology, creativity, and faith. With a small blog that started in September of 2008, we’ve grown, changed, evolved, and become the community that we are today. Support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
4 replies on “Little Red Riding Hood Exposing The Wolf In Sheep Clothing”
Right here is the right web site for anyone who would like to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic that has been discussed for a long time. Wonderful stuff, just excellent!
Aw, this was an incredibly good post. Taking a few minutes and actual effort to produce a great article… but what can I say… I hesitate a lot and don’t seem to get anything done.
I absolutely love your website.. Great colors & theme. Did you build this web site yourself? Please reply back as I’m trying to create my very own blog and would love to know where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Many thanks!
Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking to exchange solutions with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested.