I found this somewhere and it made me think.
The Bible says;
1. Be silent In the heat of anger — (Prov 14:17)
2. Be silent When you don’t have all the facts — (Prov 18:13)
3. Be silent When you haven’t verified the story — (Deut 17:6)
4. Be silent If your words will offend a weaker person — (1 Cor 8:11)
5. Be silent When it is time to listen — (Prov 13:1)
6. Be silent When you are tempted to make light of holy things — (Eccl 5:2)
7. Be silent When you are tempted to joke about sin — (Prov 14:9)
8. Be silent If you would be ashamed of your words later — (Prov 8:8)
9. Be silent If your words would convey the wrong impression — (Prov 17:27)
10. Be silent If the issue is none of your business — (Prov 14:10)
11. Be silent When you are tempted to tell an outright lie — (Prov 4:24)
12. Be silent If your words will damage someone else’s reputation — (Pro 16:27)
13. Be silent If your words will damage a friendship — (Prov 16:28)
14. Be silent When you are feeling critical — (James 3:9)
15. Be silent If you can’t say it without screaming it — (Prov 25:28)
16. Be silent If your words will be a poor reflection of the Lord or your friends and family — (1 Pt 2:21-23)
17. Be silent If you may have to eat your words later — (Prov 18:21)
18. Be silent If you have already said it more than one time — (Prov 19:13)
19. Be silent When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person — (Prov 24:24)
20. Be silent When you are supposed to be working instead — (Prov 14:23)
“WHOEVER GUARDS HIS MOUTH AND TONGUE KEEPS HIS SOUL FROM TROUBLES”(Prov 21:23).
May the grace of the Lord grant you & me understanding.
… we have a small favour to ask. Hundreds of people are turning to Godinterest for open, independent, quality devotionals every day, and readers in over 50 countries around the world have subscribed to us. In these perilous times, a truth-seeking ministry like Godinterest is essential. We have no shareholders or billionaire owners, meaning our writing is free from commercial and political influence – this makes us different. When it’s never been more important, support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.