I found this somewhere and it made me think.
The Bible says;
1. Be silent In the heat of anger — (Prov 14:17)
2. Be silent When you don’t have all the facts — (Prov 18:13)
3. Be silent When you haven’t verified the story — (Deut 17:6)
4. Be silent If your words will offend a weaker person — (1 Cor 8:11)
5. Be silent When it is time to listen — (Prov 13:1)
6. Be silent When you are tempted to make light of holy things — (Eccl 5:2)
7. Be silent When you are tempted to joke about sin — (Prov 14:9)
8. Be silent If you would be ashamed of your words later — (Prov 8:8)
9. Be silent If your words would convey the wrong impression — (Prov 17:27)
10. Be silent If the issue is none of your business — (Prov 14:10)
11. Be silent When you are tempted to tell an outright lie — (Prov 4:24)
12. Be silent If your words will damage someone else’s reputation — (Pro 16:27)
13. Be silent If your words will damage a friendship — (Prov 16:28)
14. Be silent When you are feeling critical — (James 3:9)
15. Be silent If you can’t say it without screaming it — (Prov 25:28)
16. Be silent If your words will be a poor reflection of the Lord or your friends and family — (1 Pt 2:21-23)
17. Be silent If you may have to eat your words later — (Prov 18:21)
18. Be silent If you have already said it more than one time — (Prov 19:13)
19. Be silent When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person — (Prov 24:24)
20. Be silent When you are supposed to be working instead — (Prov 14:23)
“WHOEVER GUARDS HIS MOUTH AND TONGUE KEEPS HIS SOUL FROM TROUBLES”(Prov 21:23).
May the grace of the Lord grant you & me understanding.
Godinterest designs are edgy, contemporary, and made of high-quality soft fabrics. Consider it to be evangelism on the move with each piece boldly proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. We are confident that you will experience a comfortable fit and that the designs we create are on trend. Enjoy Godinterest clothing and accessories that are very affordable as well as being a HostRooster exclusive brand!
… we have a small favour to ask. It is our mission to resource the world with relevant, practical, timely, and helpful content focused on fashion, technology, creativity, and faith. With a small blog that started in September of 2008, we’ve grown, changed, evolved, and become the community that we are today. Support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
2 replies on “I’m Still Learning. When To Be Silent In 20 Situations”
#18 very very new to me! Revelatory ?
I really need to learn when to be silent. Thanks for the reminder.