I found this somewhere and it made me think.
The Bible says;
1. Be silent In the heat of anger â€“ (Prov 14:17)
2. Be silent When you donâ€™t have all the facts â€“ (Prov 18:13)
3. Be silent When you havenâ€™t verified the story â€“ (Deut 17:6)
4. Be silent If your words will offend a weaker person â€“ (1 Cor 8:11)
5. Be silent When it is time to listen â€“ (Prov 13:1)
6. Be silent When you are tempted to make light of holy things â€“ (Eccl 5:2)
7. Be silent When you are tempted to joke about sin â€“ (Prov 14:9)
8. Be silent If you would be ashamed of your words later â€“ (Prov 8:8)
9. Be silent If your words would convey the wrong impression â€“ (Prov 17:27)
10. Be silent If the issue is none of your business â€“ (Prov 14:10)
11. Be silent When you are tempted to tell an outright lie â€“ (Prov 4:24)
12. Be silent If your words will damage someone elseâ€™s reputation â€“ (Pro 16:27)
13. Be silent If your words will damage a friendship â€“ (Prov 16:28)
14. Be silent When you are feeling critical â€“ (James 3:9)
15. Be silent If you canâ€™t say it without screaming it â€“ (Prov 25:28)
16. Be silent If your words will be a poor reflection of the Lord or your friends and family â€“ (1 Pt 2:21-23)
17. Be silent If you may have to eat your words later â€“ (Prov 18:21)
18. Be silent If you have already said it more than one time â€“ (Prov 19:13)
19. Be silent When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person â€“ (Prov 24:24)
20. Be silent When you are supposed to be working instead â€“ (Prov 14:23)
â€œWHOEVER GUARDS HIS MOUTH AND TONGUE KEEPS HIS SOUL FROM TROUBLESâ€(Prov 21:23).
May the grace of the Lord grant you & me understanding.