They say love is what makes the world go round, but what does the Bible have to say about it?
- The greatest love you can have for your friends is to give your life for them. Â (John 15:13)
- ‘Love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs.'(1 Corinthians 13.5)
- Above everything, love one another earnestly, because love covers over many sins. (1 Peter 4:8)
- ‘This is how we know what love is: Christ gave his life for us. We too, then, ought to give our lives for our brothers and sisters!'(1 John 3.16)
- ‘Hate stirs up trouble, but love overlooks all offenses.'(Proverbs 10.12)
- ‘If you Â love Â only the people who Â love Â you, why should you receive a blessing? Even sinners Â love Â those who Â love Â them!'(Luke 6.32)
- ‘The steadfast love of the Â Lord Â never ceases; Â his mercies never come to an end'(Lamentations 3.22)
- ‘Meanwhile, these three remain: faith, hope, and love; and the greatest of these is love.'(1 Corinthians 13.13)
- ‘Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.'(Romans 12.19)
- ‘Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.'(John 15.13)
- ‘Love the Â LORD Â your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.'(Deuteronomy 6.5)
- Be under obligation to no oneâ€“the only obligation you have is to love one another. Whoever does this has obeyed the Law. (Romans 13:8)
- ‘Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If one offered for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly scorned.'(Song of Songs 8.7)
- I love you just as the Father loves me; remain in my love. (John 15:9)
If you had to choose one, which is the most important love verse in the Bible? Â Why would you choose one over the other?