A lady was driving along with her father. They came upon a storm, and the young lady asked her father, what should we do? He said to keep driving. Cars began pulling over to the side of the road as the storm was getting worse. What should I do, the young lady asked? Keep driving, her father replied.
On up a few feet, she noticed that eighteen wheeler lorries were also pulling over to the side of the road. She said I must pull over as I can hardly see ahead. It’s terrible, and everyone else is pulling over. Her father told her not to give up, just keep driving!
Now the storm was horrendous, but she never stopped driving, and soon she could see a little more clearly. After a couple of miles, she was again on dry land, and the sun eventually came out.
Her father said, now you can pull over and get out. She said but why now father? He said because when you get out, you’ll be able to see that all the people that gave up are still in the storm and because you never gave up, your storm is now over.
Have you ever been in a serious thunderstorm or maybe even a hurricane or tornado? This is a testimony for anyone who is going through “hard times” right now. Just because everyone else, even the strongest, gives up. Doesn’t mean you have to. If you keep going, soon your storm will be over too and the sun will shine upon your face again.
This story touched us! We hope it touched you too and feel free to pass it on to people you know and tell them the following:
- “Dig deep & pull the roots of confidence from the ground of your being, standing firm in the raging storm until sunlight blossoms inside you.” ’• Curtis Tyrone Jones
- In our own strength, we lack sufficient resources and abilities to meet life’s challenges. so God provides what we need. ’• Unknown
- “I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” —Emma Watson
- Do not fear when the waves are dashing high against your soul, simply say, “Devil, if my ship goes down, I’ll just walk on the water.” ’• Unknown
- “Faith can keep you alive in any storm.” ’• Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
- To never give up, because God will never give up on them. ’• Unknown
- There are times when God will not get you out of the fiery furnace, but like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, God will keep the fire from burning you. ’• Daniel 3.16:27*
- That there are times when you will end up in the lion’s den, but, like *Daniel*, He will shut the mouths of the lions for your sake. ’• Daniel 6:16-23
- Still, there are times when He will not keep you out of prison, but, like *Joseph*, He will shower you with immeasurable favour in the prison walls. ’• Genesis 39:20-23.
- And there are times when He will not take the cup away but, like *Jesus*, God will give you the strength to drink from the cup. ’• Unknown
- “Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene” ’• Sandra Kopp, A Dark Moon Rises
- “There are some things we learn on stormy seas that we never learn on calm smooth waters. We don’t look for storms but they will surely find us. The “God of the Storm” has something to teach us, and His love always drives His actions.” ’• Danny L Deaub
- But in all these situations, there’s a *calm assurance* as Jesus said, “l am with you always, even to the very end”. ’• Matt 28:20.
- “You cannot forever escape from the storm; you must learn to stand up to it!” ’• Mehmet Murat ildan
- “I have both the violent turbulence of the storm and the quiet promises of God in the storm. And what I must work to remember is that something is not necessarily stronger simply because it’s louder.” ’• Craig D. Lounsbrough
Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in