Inspirational quotes are some of the most popular on Godinterest.com. A Nobel peace laureate, Mother Teresa (1910–1997) was an Albanian-Indian Roman Catholic nun and missionary. For much of her life, Mother Teresa served the impoverished communities of Calcutta, caring for the sick and sharing the love of Christ and because of that, her very name became a metaphor for selflessness and goodness during her lifetime.
No matter what your belief system, there is much to be learned and gained from someone so selfless and loving, so kind and considerate.
Today, we celebrate her legacy and look back on 25 quotes about God, culture, life and small acts of kindness which people still find inspiring nearly 19 years after her death.
- “Joy is strength.” – Mother Teresa
- “The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver.” – Mother Teresa
- “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Teresa
- “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
- “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream, precedes the goal.” – Mother Teresa
- “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” – Mother Teresa
- “I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much.” – Mother Teresa
- “Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.” – Mother Teresa
- “Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person.” – Mother Teresa
- “If you want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.” – Mother Teresa
- “If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “Loneliness is the most terrible poverty.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “Peace begins with a smile.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” ’- Mother Teresa
- Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “The Simple Path, Silence is Prayer, Prayer is Faith, Faith is Love, Love is Service, The Fruit of Service is Peace” ’- Mother Teresa
- Good works are links that form a chain of love.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “God made the world for the delight of human beings– if we could see His goodness everywhere, His concern for us, His awareness of our needs: the phone call we’ve waited for, the ride we are offered, the letter in the mail, just the little things He does for us throughout the day. As we remember and notice His love for us, we just begin to fall in love with Him because He is so busy with us — you just can’t resist Him. I believe there’s no such thing as luck in life, it’s God’s love, it’s His.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “God doesn’t require us to succeed, he only requires that you try.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” ’- Mother Teresa
- “Our life of poverty is as necessary as the work itself. Only in heaven will we see how much we owe to the poor for helping us to love God better because of them.” ’- Mother Teresa
… we have a small favour to ask. Hundreds of people are turning to Godinterest for open, independent, quality devotionals every day, and readers in over 50 countries around the world have subscribed to us. In these perilous times, a truth-seeking ministry like Godinterest is essential. We have no shareholders or billionaire owners, meaning our writing is free from commercial and political influence – this makes us different. When it’s never been more important, support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.