Another year of your life closes today. How can you look back upon it? Have you made advancement in the divine life? Have you increased in spirituality? Have you crucified self, with the affections and lusts? Have you an increased interest in the study of God’s Word? Have you gained decided victories over your own feelings and waywardness?
Oh, what has been the record of your life for the year which has now passed into eternity, never to be recalled?
As you enter upon a new year, let it be with an earnest resolve to have your course onward and upward. Let your life be more elevated and exalted than it has hitherto been. Make it your aim not to seek your own interest and pleasure, but to advance the cause of your Redeemer. Remain not in a position where you ever need help yourself, and where others have to guard you to keep you in the narrow way. You may be strong to exert a sanctifying influence upon others. You may be where your soul’s interest will be awakened to do good to others, to comfort the sorrowful, strengthen the weak, and to bear your testimony for Christ whenever opportunity offers. Aim to honor God in everything, always and everywhere. Carry your religion into everything.
Prepare for eternity with such a zeal as you have not yet manifested. Educate your mind to love the Bible, to love the prayer meeting, to love the hour of meditation, and, above all, the hour when the soul communes with God. Become heavenly-minded if you would unite with the heavenly choir in the mansions above.
A new page is turned in the book of the recording angel. Let a record be stamped there which you will not be ashamed to have revealed to the gaze of men and angels.
These great quotes will get you ready for the new year!
- “True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.” ― Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?
- “It is better to make a thousand failures than to be too cowardly to ever undertake anything.” ― Clovis G. Chappell
- “If you prayed as much as you complain and quarrel, you’d have a lot less to argue about and much more peace of mind.” ― Rick Warren, The Purpose of Christmas
- “A revival is nothing else than a new beginning of obedience to God.” ― Charles Finney
- “He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God.” ― Psalm 40:3
- “You were made by God and for God and until you understand that life will never make sense.” ― Rick Warren
- “Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading.” ― Oswald Chambers
- Faith…involves trusting in the future promises of God and waiting for their fulfillment.” ― RC Sproil
- Never decide on anything or start to do anything while emotion is agitating like a roaring sea. Again, during that time even our conscience is rendered unreliable.” ― Watchman Nee
- In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” ― Proverbs 3:6
- “The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now.” ― Rick Warren
- “Apparently it was okay for me to like Jesus as long as I didn’t get too serious and actually start to do what He said.” ― Trip Lee, Rise: Get Up and Live in God’s Great Story
- “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” ― Corinthians 5:17
- “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ― Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here for?
- “He loves using lackluster ingredients because doing so makes it clear where the true credit should go.” ― Trip Lee, Rise: Get Up and Live in God’s Great Story
- “The only way to get rid of your past is to make a future out of it.” ― Phillips Brooks
- “As Mack Stiles says, Most Christians in the world must fear the raised fist; Americans fear the raised eyebrow.” ― Trip Lee, Rise: Get Up and Live in God’s Great Story
- “Being in Christ, it is safe to forget the past; it is possible to be sure of the future; it is possible to be diligent in the present.” ― Alexander MacLaren
- “There are no super-Christians, only regular Christians denying themselves and embracing their Lord.” ― Trip Lee,
- “Our quitting point is God’s beginning point.” ― Woodrow Kroll
- “Cool is fickle, and we can’t live for it”—the words of Trip Lee.” ― Trip Lee,
“Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” ― Peter Marshall
“Time heals griefs and quarrels, for we change and are no longer the same persons. Neither the offender nor the offended are any more themselves.” ― Blaise Pascal
“You shall eat old store long kept, and you shall clear out the old to make way for the new.” ― Leviticus 26:10
“God specializes in giving people a fresh start.” ― Rick Warren