He performs to packed venues all around the world, he has sold millions of albums and he has countless fans that hang on his every song. Most people reading this could tell their own stories. He has that effect on people.
Lecrae Devaughn Moore (born October 9, 1979), might be best described as a poet. Someone with a rare gift to channel his mighty intellect and generous spirit through an artful, unparalleled mix of wit, and spectacular clarity using rap music.
Born and raised by his single mother in Southern Houston, Texas. As an American Christian hip hop recording artist, songwriter, record producer, and actor Lecrae is the president, co-owner, and co-founder of the independent record label Reach Records.
Reachâ€™s mission is â€œchanging the way people see the world.”
Experiencing abuse and neglect during his childhood, Moore used his ability to rap as a source of significance. Lecrae eventually turned from drugs to alcohol consumption and a party lifestyle and became a “misfit of a person.” Moore currently resides in Atlanta since relocating there from Memphis in 2009 and is married to Darragh Moore, who also handles the business portion of his career. The couple has three children together.
Lecrae is one of very few artists operating in the Christian genre to hit No. 1 on the Billboard. To date, he has released seven bestselling albums, two mixtapes and won two Grammy awards and a Billboard Music Award in the process and landed a global distribution deal with Red Distribution/Sony Music for the record label he co-owns, Reach Records.
Critics are uncomfortable with Lecraeâ€™s recent music because it is no longer a monologue preaching an agenda.
“Lecrae engages with culture and dialogues with the modern secular world and is looking to break mold of a Christian rapper.”
Lecrae isnâ€™t alone. Artists like Propaganda, Andy Mineo, John Givez, JGivens, Beautiful Eulogy, Trip Lee, KB, Jackie Hill Perry, Social Club, and Tedashii are engaging culture and bringing restoration to hip-hop and the world through great music.
Here are some of Lecraeâ€™s most powerful quotes that can help re-inspire the way you live your faith.
- â€œWhy live for the approval of men when you can have the approval of their Creator? What can they give you that God canâ€™t?” â€” Lecrae
- â€œSuppressing your hurts is like not tending to a bullet wound. Eventually, you will bleed out. Don’t numb pain, express it.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œLive like someone died for you.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œIf people throw stones at you, pick ’em up and build something.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œThe less time you spend with Truth, the easier it is to believe lies.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œLife is like a dice, so watch the ones you’re rolling with.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œWe fear circumstances so much because we fear God so little.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œIf I’m wrong about God then I wasted my life. If you’re wrong about God then you wasted your eternity.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œPeople will hurt you. But don’t use that as an excuse for your poor choices, use it as motivation to make the right ones.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œPrayer doesnâ€™t bend Godâ€™s arm but itâ€™s guaranteed to bend our hearts toward His will. Worry less. Pray more.” â€” Lecrae.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œChristians arenâ€™t people who never sin or always do the right thing. Weâ€™re people who live in continual repentance.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œDonâ€™t follow your feeling. Just follow the word.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œIâ€™m not a Christian because Iâ€™m strong and have it all together. Iâ€™m a Christian because Iâ€™m weak and admit I need a Savior.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œBetter to have a small role in God’s story than to cast yourself as the lead in your own fiction.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œGod gave you your own race to run, stop comparing yourself to other people. They have their race and you have yours. Run hard and don’t quit.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œSome work hard to acquire money only to find in the end that money acquired them.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œWhen youâ€™re worrying youâ€™re not praying. Stop worrying start praying.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œBelieve the best about people. Pray for their shortcomings. You are not the standard. We all need grace.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œCharacter isn’t who you are when life goes your way. Character is who you really are when the bottom falls out.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œGod is never late, we’re just impatient.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œDonâ€™t waste your time explaining who you are to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.” â€” Lecrae.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- â€œA man who is too afraid to admit his fears is a man who wonâ€™t overcome them.” â€” Lecrae
- â€œGod is not bothered by your persistence. Keep asking.â€œ â€” Lecrae
- A controversy has been brewing in Christian hip-hop and at the center of this controversy is rapper Lecrae and the record label he co-founded, Reach Records.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!