1992 is in the books. Literally. I finally finished putting all the photos from my mom’s box and our albums combined into one album. That means that I have completed all the Kaufman photo books from 1981 to 1992. Phew!!! Who knew it would take four years to get only this far in putting our history in order?
Then I looked at all the photos on the computer that have not ever seen the light of day and began to estimate how long it might take for me to print and put them into an album. Hubby thinks it might be – never.
He might be right.
“Devote Yourselves to Prayer, Being Watchful and Thankful.”- Colossians 4:12
Thus – the Gratitude Attitude #15 is being thankful for the simple things. Achieving goals that I have set for myself and enjoying the blessings that continue to enrich our lives on the home front.
- THANKFUL FOR: A remote control that turns on the gas logs that keep our home toasty – not to mention the propane in the tank.
- THANKFUL FOR: The walk-in tub that has bubbled and swirled the soreness out of my touchy, feeble knee much faster than the usual routine of stretches, braces and over-the-counter oils and meds.
- THANKFUL FOR: Puppies and kitten who come back to the bedroom just to sleep outside the bathroom door while I am enjoying the exciting world of a book as the bubbles do their job. Our pets really are fur-babies. Even now – one is curled into my side, one at my feet, and the injured one just a few feet away on the soft couch in front of the fireplace.
- THANKFUL FOR: “The word of God is living and all-efficient, and much sharper than a double edged sword, and it pierces to the separation of soul and spirit and of joints, marrow and of bones, and judges the reasoning and conscience of the heart.” – Hebrews 4:12
- THANKFUL FOR: Putting up our outside Christmas lights and deciding what patio lights we should add to the mix. Even though we won’t light the outside lights until next Wednesday night, at least they are (pretty much) up, and now I can concentrate on the inside – “hanging of the greens”. Isn’t Christmas the best time of the year?
- THANKFUL FOR: A voice that seems to be returning after being – largely, missing for the past 3 years. Still creaky in places. Still rough in others. However, God hears the song in my heart, and that is all that matters.
- THANKFUL FOR: Former students. Their comments. Their posts. Their notes of thanks. Their joy of who they are becoming.
- THANKFUL FOR: “And the peace of The Messiah will govern your hearts, to which you are called in one body; and give thanks to The Messiah.” – Colossians 3:15
Indeed – with all these physical blessings that I have written about tonight, it is Abba, Yeshua and the Holy Spirit that truly bless and enrich this tiny particle of creation and to Whom all thankfulness and praise of this one life belongs.
Thanksgiving is almost here. Time to have a deep Gratitude Attitude to the One who made it all possible.