Jonah is a prophet – and a man on the run. From who? From God! After a series of wild adventures involving a seaport called Joppa, a huge boat and a terrible storm, Jonah finds himself in the belly of a giant fish! But this isn’t the end. It’s here that God teaches Jonah how to receive grace and extend mercy, even to his archenemy: Nineveh. Take your family deep into this Bible story as it springs to life on stage in jaw-dropping scale by an exceptional cast, spectacular special effects and live animals – on stage and in the aisles.
You Can Run, but You Can’t Hide
Jonah is revered as a prophet in his hometown. But it’s been years since God last spoke to him, and everyone’s getting restless for another message. When he finally hears God speak again, it’s not at all what Jonah wants to hear. How could God ask him to do such a thing? His friends and family will think he’s foolish – maybe even a traitor. His plan? Run in the opposite direction. But there’s no easy way to escape your destiny.
Inside the Belly of the Tale
With enormous sets, elaborate costumes, immersive lighting and sound design, Jonah’s adventure comes to life in vivid color. Climb aboard his ship as it sets sail straight into a perilous storm. And be transported into the heart of Nineveh—one of the most sprawling, powerful cities of its time.
March 11, 2017
March 11-Oct. 14, 2017, 11 shows weekly
300 Hartman Bridge Road
Ronks PA 17572
- Jonah’s cast features more than 50 actors—after auditioning hundreds of actors from across the U.S.
- Jonah’s nearly three dozen live animals include sheep, Highland cattle, alpacas, camels, llamas, a sheep dog, miniature donkeys, birds, horses (of course) and . . . a skunk.
- Jonah’s all-original music is the collaboration of multiple artists, recorded in Prague, The Czech Republic, by the Prague Symphony Orchestra. Actors on stage sing live.
- Among the 70-plus set pieces is 30,000-pound ship, one of the largest set pieces in Sight & Sound’s history.
- Production teams worked two years to perfect Jonah’s underwater and storm scenes.
- The more than 1,500 conventional lights in each performance include 102 automated and 36 LEDs with 100 color changes, requiring five miles of cable; 1,200 dimmers respond to more than 400 light cues.
- Sight & Sounds’ staff designers and seamstresses created the show’s 408 costume designs for 830 costumes. Jonah’s costumes amount to 8,860 yards of fabric (enough to wrap the theatre 33 times), 7,360 snaps, 530 wigs, and 217 beards and mustaches.
Godinterest designs are edgy, contemporary, and made of high-quality soft fabrics. Consider it to be evangelism on the move with each piece boldly proclaiming the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. We are confident that you will experience a comfortable fit and that the designs we create are on trend. Enjoy Godinterest clothing and accessories that are very affordable as well as being a HostRooster exclusive brand!
… we have a small favour to ask. It is our mission to resource the world with relevant, practical, timely, and helpful content focused on fashion, technology, creativity, and faith. With a small blog that started in September of 2008, we’ve grown, changed, evolved, and become the community that we are today. Support Godinterest from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
One reply on “Jonah”
This sounds amazing wish it was in Australia